Monday, July 13, 2015

Dressing for the big game

I've always been a big fan of dressing up for football games.

My fashion theory boils down to this: Wear as much BYU gear as possible. I'm sorry, but there's no other sport and no other team, and that's it.

My family believes in my theory as well.
That's me in the dark blue shirt, BYU shorts, and BYU visor.
My sister's the one in the pink. It's a BYU hat and a BYU 5k shirt, so she is excused.
Winter games add more depth to your team spirit.
You better believe I'm wearing about six layers of BYU memorabilia under my coat!
Painting yourself blue and white is also a good option. Wigs are fun. The fashion options for football games are really quite extensive.

I feel kind of bad for U of U fans. I mean, at BYU, we never coordinate our BYU gear with red pants. But U of U fans go to games with blue pants on, inadvertently supporting the better team--with the better fight song. Go Cougars!

If there's anyone who knows how to dress for a game, it is the Brazilians. My personal favorite is the guy who has only worn Brazil colors for the last 20 years after Brazil won the World Cup in 1994. (He would also be the world's easiest person to buy presents for.)

But apparently there is more than one school of thought on what some people refer to as "Ballpark Style."

Ballpark STYLE?!? I had no idea....

Stitch Fix put this post on their blog to help people decide what to wear to baseball games this summer. And my eyes were opened. I never really considered the possibility of looking chique AND all team spirity.

I think she remembered to look in the mirror before leaving the house,
unlike some people who just look in the bottom of the drawer for more BYU memorabilia.

I can get on board with this.
I still think at least one (or two) of your shirts should be actual team memorabilia,
but I like this idea of looking nice AND spirited.

And this last outfit? Well, you can't win 'em all.
If you're going to wear a grey shirt to a live game, it should be this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment