Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Stitch Fix time again!

You know that conflicted feeling when you're learning about all the problems of the fashion industry... and then you go ahead and post about your latest haul?
Yeah....
I've been feeling a bit conflicted about this, my Stitch Fix fixation, but I realized that I'm doing part of what I think needs to be done. I'm putting thought into what I buy, carefully choosing clothes that I will wear for some time, and learning what suits my body and personality, not just buying everything the store happens to have on sale that day.

So enter my second Stitch Fix. I'm a fan of this service, where they send you five items based on your style preferences and measurements, and you try them on at home, pay for what you keep, and send the rest back in the envelope provided. When I refer a friend, I get $25 credit, so if you're interested in signing up, go ahead and use my link. Or I made a fancy button for the sidebar of my blog, so you can click on that too. Even if you don't sign up for Stitch Fix, take a look at my button. It took me longer to make than I'd like to admit.

I got a few chique items last time, and I got some great ones this time, too!

Behold:

Item 1: Martina Slub Knit Open Cardigan, by Pixley


Although the native Brazilians bring out the parkas when the temperature goes down to sixty-five degrees, I don't actually NEED a cardigan. The worst of our winter-- with some days even going as low as SIXTY degrees-- is past, and it is only getting warmer. However, we're moving back to the US where it's cold half the time, and... I absolutely love this cardigan!
It's very lightweight, and the sleeves are perfect: long enough without being baggy, fitted without being tight. The front is a little draped, and the bottoms of those drapes are sewn to make sort of pockets.
I love it!
Verdict: Kept

Item 2: Cheyanne Printed Maxi Skirt, by Loveappella (also above)
When I first opened the box and saw this pattern, I thought it was a zig-zag chevron design, and I wasn't sure I could handle that.
If it had fake mustaches printed on it, I'd also object.
But it turned out to be more than just chevrons. It has different styles of zig-zags with triangles and other geometric designs, and I love the overall effect. It's stretchy, long, comfortable, and goes with a couple other tops I have.
Verdict: Kept

Item 3: Katina Mix Material Knit Top, by Le Sample


I like the blue and white design. I appreciate the trendiness of the color-block. It's longer in the back, which can be a flattering style, but it just didn't work for me.
The white part is more sheer than I'd like, and I felt like the front was too short and the back too long. Maybe if it was divided in two, it would be like coat tails. THAT would be cool! But since I had to convince myself to like this shirt, I decided to pass.

Item 4: Brayden Cargo Skinny Pant, by Kut from the Kloth


These were my initial favorites when I first opened the box. The fabric is gorgeous, and the color is a lovely charcoal. At one point in college, half my wardrobe was charcoal colored, and I loved it!
But the pants are cargo pants. Having the cargo pocket right smack-dab on the front of my thigh isn't terribly slimming. 
And then there's the length. They're longer than cropped pants should be, but then they're short enough to come up to mid-calf when I sit down.
It took me a while to finally figure out what it is about these pants: These are the reincarnation of every bad pair of pants I ever bought in high school... back to haunt me!
Verdict: Need I say?

Item 5: Naya Knit Top, by Renee C


I loved the pattern close up. It's intricate and interesting and definitely eye-catching. I decided to keep it because it's beautiful and fun to look at.
Then I saw a picture of myself wearing it. I'm not a fan. Maybe if I covered it up with my GORGEOUS cardigan, I'd love it more. But let's face it, that's not a good reason to buy a shirt.
Verdict: Returned

And just to prove that I finally learned how to make a fancy link button, here is another:


No comments:

Post a Comment